Monday, November 24, 2008

Things That I Love Today: Deleted Scenes from Wet, Hot American Summer



I'm sitting here, supposed to be finishing up a pretty major paper that is already a day late (don't fret, it will be finished by the end of tonight) and I just can't bring myself to write the words that need to written for it. I just can't do it. "Why" you ask? Well, simply: I don't care any more. I am literally at the point right now where I have decided that I only want to do the bare minimum of what I need to do in order to pass university. Of course this could change, because, normally, it leads to consistent boredom which is never fun, and I do like to feel as though I am accomplishing some things some times. But for right now, this paper is my third of five, and I've already long passed that line between "the best of my abilities" and "I don't give a tiny rats ass". So that brings me here.

I've been disappointed in myself for not writing anything on this blog as frequently as I had anticipated, so I decided to change that right this moment. I do, have a lot of thoughts, none really personal that I wish to really develop across the internet (I'll save those for close, in depth conversations with people I actually care to share those thoughts with) but rather, ones that general public may be interested in. I have been slowly, but surely, compiling a major entry titled "The @ Pack Initiative" which hopefully will come in to fruitation over the next little bit (essays allowing). There have been a few others I've been cooking up, but for right now, I thought this would be a rather nice and easy, semi-daily section that I could include, called "Things That I Love Today". It would feature random thoughts and fluff that I have hit me over the past day or so, and just write a little about it, hoping to light a spark of interest in it for any one who is reading it. I am really, really going to try and keep this going, so we'll see how bored I get after a while. Anyway, today's entry:

I just finished watching Wet, Hot American Summer for the second or third time around, and was truly reminded exactly how funny it really was. It makes me really miss high school, and wanting to make another Christmas Movie in order to expose more people to that spectrum of comedy. It's really great. Besides Ken Marino and Paul Rudd being equally hilarious, my favourite aspect of teh entire movie is Christopher Meloni as cafeteria chef "Gene". And since this is the first time I'd seen the movie on DVD, I had absolutely no idea of how epic of a character he actually was until I got to see the deleted scenes. Holy phuck. 

Really, his scenes that were deleted from the movie are hysterical. I watched them alone, and was laughing so loud that my neighbors now probably think I'm nuts. He has one line, that I'm extremely pissed wasn't in the movie. Not that it has anything to do with the plot, or anything like that, it's just the funniest part of the entire movie. Bar none. I won't ruin it by trying to describe what it is. Actually there are two scenes. Watch from about 45 seconds in.  Take a look at the link below. 


I dunno...I thought it was hilarious and after watching it, it made me laugh pretty damn hard. So that's why its a thing that I loved today...that and the fact that I also get to write a paper on the entire movie for next week as well. Yeah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt the same about university. It's all about defining your perspective. After taking this year off, I'm eager to get back.

The issue I have is that it was hard for me to see past the assignments and everything- where it would get me in the end.