
First off, yeah, i know. It took me so long to actually post something new. Too long. Extremely long. A really, really long time. Longer than most. Okay I'm ranting...long time.
Anywho, last night I had a dream in which I saw the upcoming Ghostbusters 3. I need to first state that I am so very much anticipating said movie, so any ill feelings I have towards the one from my dream last night are not to be taken as an attack from me at the expectation of the yet to be released sequel. My dream is strictly for comedic purposes, because, believe me, it was ridiculous.
So in my dream, I end up in a movie theater for some reason. That's obviously not all that surprising to anyone, but other than being in the theater I can't remember anything or anyone around me at the actual theater. The first thing I can recall is the movie starting and my excitement almost immediately draining away from my body.
In the actual new movie, the plot is supposed to pertain to the old Ghostbusters, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson, training a new set of Ghostbusters to take over for them. So in my dream version of the movie, that's what is happening. Except, I am apparently the one and only new recruit. This is pretty hilarious considering in the dream, I end up being unbelievably disappointed by the movie, but didn't realize that during filming how stupid it was then.
The first scene in the film starts with the "old Ghostbusters" being all worried and stuff that a new spirit is going to try and take over the world. So, them being worried, that's okay, except they don't have the same personalities of the classic characters. Instead they are all big wieners and are legitimately shaking in their boots. Not only that though, Ernie Hudson isn't even there. I remember in my dream that I was all "wtf?" because they replaced the one black Ghostbuster with another white guy. Totally awful.
Besides being all older white guys though, they haven't aged appropriately from the first two movies. They would normally be, just like in real life, late 50's, early 60's. No, in this version of the movie they are all like close to their death bed. Bill Murray looks like he's just going to break down and cry at any moment. And not in the funny, sad clown Bill Murray way we're all used to. I mean in a full grown baby, about to wail because he didn't get a cookie. It sucked.
So pretty much, from the opening scene in my dream, I'm hugely disappointed with this really anticipated movie of mine. It gets worse though. Pretty soon the "actor me" goes off after being "trained" by the old Ghostbusters (I can't recall any such scene taking place though) and I'm off on my own. And for the entirety of the movie, I am simply fighting the "evil spirit" played by a completely awful and over the top Alyssa Milano (who is supposed to star in the movie as well). So it's me fighting this woman akin to Lara Flynn Boyle in Men in Black II crossed with the evil twin guys in The Matrix Relaoded. Yeah, pretty shitty villain.
Not only is the fight really terrible though, the worst part about the whole thing is that the original actors don't even make another appearance in the film!! How messed up is that?? They are there for the opening scene, and then nada. Just gone.
It was at the point in the dream when I realized this where I decided that my "actor self" wasn't even worth staying and watching the rest of the movie. I got up and continued my dream adventures elsewhere.
Thinking about it now, I'm so glad I had this dream, although I find it truly odd as to why I dreamt about Ghostbusters 3, because I haven't even thought about for quite sometime.
I would be very happy if this is exactly how the new movie plays out. I'll be anticipating a casting agent phone call any day now.

No comments:
Post a Comment