And of course, the whole reason I bring this up, is that this is what happened during a Season 5 eppy of "The West Wing" not moments ago. And you may be asking yourself now, "did he just use the term 'eppy'?". Well, yes. Yes he did. But does he care??...actually a little. Oh well. It stays.
I actually haven't watched that many episodes of it over the last few days. I have spent my time doing other things. Like I mentioned previously, I was cleaning for two days straight, and only fit a fix of Sorkin in every once and a while, and then all last night, and today, I was trying frantically to finish a novel for a test I had today. If you were wondering, I finished half of it, skimmed the rest, and read the final chapter. The test went pretty alright I think. It was really short though, so who knows.
Anyway, being the "new" student that I'm trying to be, I spent from about 3 o'clock onward attempting to be studious, and I began one of the many novels that I should have started for next week. Without a word of a lie, this is the first time I have started reading a book in advance over the last 3 semesters of school. Yeah. It's been bad.
The book that I have to read is really three stories. It's Paul Auster's The New York Trilogy, so I started the first of them, "City of Glass". It wasn't until about 6pm did I realize that I hadn't been able to put the book down. It was fantastic. The best thing I have read in I can't remember when. Maybe, in fact, the best book I have ever been assigned to read. That's saying very little considering I rarely read anything I'm assigned, but still. It's an oddity to find something that I am actually engaged in that is somehow school related, especially if I didn't choose it myself.
So, that was my day. Full of a lot of reading and awesome "West Wing" eppys. (Yes. I did it again. So sue me.)

No comments:
Post a Comment