I'm sorry to anyone reading this. I didn't expect so much disdain upon my return. Sheesh.
So what has been new?? Well, I had the Christmas holidays and they were a much welcomed break from being swamped by school and FR!NGE and all other things that consumed much of my December. Was it a fun break?? There were moments of fun, sure. I just can't help but want more. When I think about my other friends at schools that don't go back until the 11th, I just get angry. I mean, I sat through two lectures today. They probably sat through four episodes of "Fresh Prince" during that same time. Stupid school. I need more break!!
Anyway, I did enjoy seeing people over the holidays. It was much fun. Probably none moreso than a simple gathering at the pub during one of everyone's first nights back. It was just friends being friendly and as absolutely lame as that sounds, it was something that I missed here at school. There were other great gatherings over the break as well, including a rather uneventful New Years that was still more fun than most other things that we could have done. We did an entire day at the movies, seeing 3 in total and having a very lovely dinner in between. We literally spent 12am inside the screening of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. It was great.
Gotta say that the night was topped off perfectly when a car full of people drove by Josh and one guy rolled down his window, yelling "Man!! You are tall!!", to which Josh replied under his breath, but loud enough so Vlad and Linds could hear him, "I'm an Avatar." The statement in itself is hilarious and embarrassing, but what makes it so great is that I didn't here it, and Josh voluntarily told me the story, also believing that it was hilarious. Fuck we are all hilarious!!
My actual Christmas itself was pretty good. For the first time in, pretty much my whole entire life (I can't recall any other time this has happened) we had no where to go to on Christmas Day. Normally, we would hold Christmas with my mom's side of the family on that day, but we had done that on Christmas Eve this year, because that would be the night when we would normally gather with my dad's side, but we had done that a week early because of other stuff that screwed it up. So, as it turned out, we got up, had breakfast, did presents, and just stayed in because there was no where to go. It felt, weird. I'm so used to heading over to my grandma's to spend the day with my aunts and uncles and reveal what "Santa had brought me" and whatnot. But this year was just so lax. Again, it was weird.
So what DID Santa bring me you ask?? Well, pretty much everything I asked for, actually. My mom and dad got me "30 Rock" Season 3, The Complete "West Wing" Series and Inglourious Basterds on DVD. Oh, and my dad couldn't help himself, and he got me and my brother remote controlled helicopters. You can guess what we did for the next hour then, eh?? The propellor got caught in my hair twice in the process. They are hard to control!! My brother got me two books, one on Paul Newman and the other on Clint Eastwood, so I'll have to get through those at some point. Screw school reading. And then the rest was just gift cards and money from the rest of the fam and such. Spent a little bit of each already.
Oh, my ONE boxing day purchase to myself was the Paul Newman Tribute Collection, a box set of 13 of his movies (4 of which I already owned, but it was still totally worth the 60 bucks) and a really nice colour book that came along with it. I am pretty sure I now own almost his entire filmography. Now the task is going to be watching them all, considering I've had a few of his other ones for over a year now and just haven't made my way to them yet. I wish I didn't have school yet. Otherwise, I could just sit back and make my way through all the wonderful DVDs and TV Shows I got over the break. Sigh.
I'll post some other holiday adventures on here in a little bit. Right now I have to figure out a plan for finishing my FR!NGE movie in the next 3 days. Stress was supposed to be left in Semester 1. What the hell is it doing following me into the new year??

1 comment:
oh fuuuuck yes.
Post a Comment