Friday, April 1, 2011

"Oh baby!! Oh what a cryin' shame!!"

This past week, was not as bad as it could have been. Part of this could be because I set myself to cruise control from Wednesday until now (for good reason), but I think my "not letting it beat me" attitude helped with getting through the week.

My work at the paper is done for the year though. Tear. I have to say, the year in producing a newspaper turned out to be almost exactly what I expected. It was really fun. It was the opposite of that some times, but overall, I would do it again in a heartbeat. And I am. Kind of.

I got the Visuals Director position at the paper next year, which is kind of different from being Graphics Editor, but not too far off. So I'm excited to try something a little different, and a little more challenging creatively. But, of course, I'm up for it. Drawing and that sort of thing is quite a bit more fun for me than school has been over the last couple semesters. In fact, if I didn't have the paper, or Fr!nge or any other extra-curricular stuff to do, then I dunno if I would have lasted as long as I have.

Despite being back at the paper again next year, it's gonna be different, both good and bad. I mean, I am going to thoroughly miss some of the peeps I worked with this year. No way am I turning this blog into sentimental drivel, but I figure I've developed some strong friendships because of The Cord, and that is going to be sorely missed.

The fact that we had our last issue of the current school year released on Wednesday has had time to settle on me, and I'm not particularly bothered by that. Some people leaving (and even some staying) absolutely lost it, which I can understand. But for me, I just... I am proud of the year, and now I can move on to the next.

It would have been kind of nice for the last issue to write one last piece on the year, but I didn't have the time to write anything. Like I said previously, I wanted to maybe write something on Liz Taylor, but I simply had too many other things to do. I did actually get to partake in our group review of Sucker Punch though, which was nice. The movie was unbelievably disappointing, but the article was nice to partake in. And I got to do the graphic for it, which I
enjoyed and was quite proud of.

So yeah. The year is over. Out of it, I got some great work,
and some great friends.

Now let's see what the next one will bring...

No comments: