I recognize this. I know the hypocrisy involved. Yet... I can't help how I feel. I just... I just don't like it. I don't like people putting things that they haven't done as a representation of themselves. I don't like people tweeting things to the world like we all need to know what they did that day, or what they're currently thinking about the latest episode of "Parks and Recreation", etc. I mean, who cares??
That being said, some people use their outlets very well. I've seen some nice Tumblrs that are not all .gifs and songs and demotivational posters. I follow some people on Twitter that don't give a crap about giving people their information but try to be funny instead. But the majority of people out there, just... I don't know. Miss the point. What is that point?? I... I'm not sure. I want to say it's selflessness. But I can't even say that's what I'm talking about. I know that's part of it. Why are people thinking that others should see their every move?? Why put all of that out there for others to see, if for no other reason that to make sure people know you're there. That to me is arrogant. It's bothersome. Yet, once again, hypocrisy thy name is this blog.
Sigh. Seeing things posted on my Facebook feed promoting tweets and blogs and tumblrs and everything else just makes me feel bad. Normally I have the uncanny ability to go about my day and forget about idiots, but lately it's just been new revelation after new revelation and I can't help but notice the number of people I actually like committing these egregious errors I speak of. That number is getting higher and higher, and it's making me more and more sick. I just... I don't know.
I guess I just wish it wasn't so easy to commit to something that requires little or no effort. I wish there were more meaningful things being posted by these people, that didn't happen at the press of a button saying "re-blog" or "tweet this". I wish I didn't start to dislike these people for what they are posting.

No comments:
Post a Comment