Saturday, March 20, 2010

"I Saw Her Again Last Night"

When you are making an attempt to get yourself back on a decent sleeping schedule (as I almost always seem to be) you wind up with a lot of excess time on your hands. Now, the smart side of me would use this time to finish the work that has been and which will continue to pile up over the next two weeks. In doing this, I would assure less stress on my life, a more cohesive body clock and well, probably happiness in general would fall upon me.

So, it should come as no surprise to anyone that instead of using my time for what is ultimately, happiness, I am instead using it to diddle around on the life-stealer that is the internet.

Today I have been awake since 3:30 am. In that time, I have actually done a couple of productive things. Most notably, I was able to get a mountain of dishes washed and put away. I also took in some delicious McDonald's breakfast for the first time since the beginning of the semester which was nice to be awake for. Other than that though, I have spent to good portion of my "awakeness" on youtube watching bad movies and checking out old movie trailers. I have watched a couple episodes of "Scrubs" and "Friends". I went downstairs and paid some of my rent. Basically, very little to write home about.

Something that I did come across today though was a little piece of nostalgia that I had to watch a couple of times over. It came in the form of Mickey Rooney, singing/raving about seeing a dragon in the Disney movie Pete's Dragon. It never really dawned on me how fond of this film I used to be as a child. I mean, when I think back now, I always recall my love for the fully animated Disney films that filled a lot of my time when I was in front of a TV. But, after watching this song (check it out below this post...because it is wonderful) I realized that I love this song. And quite few other songs from this movie. And the more I searched the more I came to the conclusion that I remember it quite thoroughly.

So I may be in the red as far as school work goes, but I am for damn sure in the black when it comes to my monthly nostalgia quota. So thank you Mickey Rooney and Helen Reddy. I adore you both in this clip.


1 comment:

Blogliotti said...

o..m..g. I had completely forgotten about this movie but this used to be one of my favourites when I was a kid!! This clip brought back soooo many memories.