Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"I should have learned to rope and ride."

I am sick, a rare occurrence in my life. Some time yesterday, my head became full and my nose began to run. Progressively since then, I have become weakened. It has not turned on me at this point yet, so my own diagnosis is that it's a simple cold...for right now.

What I blame this whole thing on is one solid night of not being able to get to sleep. I laid in my bed, tossing and turning all night, unable to stop thinking about being called a "racist" the previous day. That's right. I was up until 4am being bugged by some anonymous internet hacks calling me "socially intolerant" for a graphic that I did in the newspaper. How I actually allowed this kind of thing to get under my skin I have zero idea, but it did, and I was up until 4am because of it.

Then, at 6:30 I was woken up to the sounds of angry banter from the neighbors next to my apartment. Something was going down, and the couple did not care who heard. The guy was pissed at something, and eventually threw something against the wall that we share. It was a full on scream fest. Such a shitty way to start your day. Oh, and something happened with the dog that they have too. I heard the dog begin to bark, then a smack, then the dog retaliating and then another thump, and no more dog.

So, I awoke to the thought that the people living next door to me had become so enraged with one another that their dog was killed in the process. I have no idea if that's what happened, and I do not intend to find out, but that is how my day started. 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Yelling. Dead dog. Class at 10 that I had to show up to ask a question in. All of this adds up to me, sitting here, right now, unable to stop sniffling and feeling as though my head is a hundred pounds.

In a valiant attempt to try and not to think about being sick though, I am opting to fill some time by being here on my blog, which I have somehow managed to neglect over the course of the last month. I know that no one really cares that I haven't been on, but, I still feel some ill-will towards myself for not being on here and pumping out some drivel. As you may have noticed from my last post, the last little bit has been filled with quite a bit of non-motivation.

What I wanted to write about though, I don't think fits in with the beginning of this blog, as I seemed to have turned it into an explanation as to why I've been absent/sick. Okay, I'll start a new one then. Stay tuned.

Oh, I would leave you with the graphic I was called racist for, except it isn't letting me post it for some reason. Says "internal error". I'll post it eventually, or, in the mean time, you can see it on my most recent note on facebook about "My End of the Year in Film".

I had absolutely no intention of it coming off that way. I was literally working with the colour scheme and nothing else. I hope I won't have to deal with this crap as graphics editor for the newspaper next year if I get the position.

P.S. I applied for graphics editor at the newspaper next year.


No comments: