Oh well, whatever. That's not the part that's important. The part that I started thinking about today (well, not today for the first time, but it came BACK to me today) was the part of the episode where Stephanie and Michelle both meet a group of kids, one boy whom Stephanie is smitten with, and then decide that they would like to join them on the plane so the 12-year-old Tanner child could totally "hit that". Anyway, the reasoning that they have for getting on the plane is simple: so Stephanie can get some face time with cute foreign boy and Michelle can be the annoying addition to another group of people for a change. Oh, and the plane is just going to Oakland it seems, which is just across the bay from San Fran (where they live) so why not risk getting on a plane that is traveling a stone's throw away?? Sounds like it will end well, right?? Well, of course, the plane begins to move, and all the dumbass sitcom adults don't believe that the Tanner children aren't part of this giant group of foreign children so they get stuck on the plane. It's okay though, it's just going to Oakland right?? Of course not. Stephanie misunderstood. They are headed to Auckland, New Zealand. The cute foreign boy's accent was just too thick it seems.
So here's what I always think of when that episode pops into my head: besides the fact that the two kids trust strangers and decide to board a bloody plane with a group of random people without checking with their parents, (who, by the way, have no idea that their own kids have left) how stupid does both a) an airline and b) the people running this foreign group of children have to be to not notice that these two girls are not with the large group of people?? There is no explanation behind this. The two girls join the group and walk with them, right on to the plane. No checking of passports, or some sort of roll-call system. You would even have to think that there would be one snot nose kid in this group of children, who was so unbelievably desperate to kiss ass to his higher ups, that he would maybe put up his hand, and in his heavy accent exclaim "Zose Gurlz!! Zey schnook on zee playne!!" But no. There's none of that shit. They walk right on to the plane, with everyone else, and there just HAPPENS to be two seats available, which were not reserved for ANYONE else, and the flight crew is completely unaware of that fact. No, of course not. Incompetence is encouraged on sitcom airlines. If the Tanner children were terrorists (which, would actually have made the entire "Full House" series a little more entertaining) then those Kiwis would pretty much be screwed.
(Oh, and by the way, in my mind the group of foreign children are always multi-ethnic, as in, there are a lot of different countries represented. Thus, the little German suck-up kid I mentioned earlier.)
Does anyone else remember this/think about stupid shit like this?? Am I alone in every once in a while watching a show where I can't help but say to myself "My ass that would happen" and have the episode be ruined by it?? No, I can't be alone...can I??
Either way, I prefer the watching and criticizing flawed TV Shows to anything else that is taking place in my life right now. I wanted December to change the shittiness that has become 2009, but instead it's falling right in line with every other month, and just continuing the trend. I feel as though I could be offered something great tomorrow, like a movie about my life, but then Id find out that I wouldn't have any say in the matter, and Uwe Boll would direct it. Like having a horse kick a dead horse (because it would be no point, but there would be a bigger emphasis on it because a horse kicks harder than a human does).

1 comment:
i loooove full house.
and michelle, only when a baby, is so hilarious.
Post a Comment