Also, if you don't tear up when watching this film, you might be a little bit dead inside.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Things That I Love Today: The Little Matchgirl
In attempting to prepare myself to see The Princess and the Frog I once again came across this short film done by The Walt Disney Company from a few years back. To me, it is perplexing to try and understand exactly how traditional animation was being thwarted by CGI, because this is such an absolutely beautiful, touching and powerful piece of storytelling that undoubtedly goes head to head with anything that was released in 3D around the same time. To me, this short film proves that traditional animation will always be as useful as anything else we can come up with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
This just ruined my day.
my screenplay teacher showed me this at sheridan.
i do believe this is where I got a lot of ideas for the ever popular "hot in the forest" animated short.
later renamed to 'thumbs up' because the other name was deemed too risque for a children's film.
also, i showed this to my mom when I first saw it and she was in tears after the first shot of the girl looking from the bridge.
off to the library!
UGH.
Josh - I am sorry.
Vlad - I am not sorry.
I was a little worried that I would be deemed "dead inside" but as it came to an end I had shed a few tears.
Gingers do have souls!
i am dead inside.
artificially coloured blondes have no souls!
Post a Comment