What did I do you ask?? Well, last night I decided to indulge in a little holiday movie watching. Love Actually followed by It's a Wonderful Life. If that is not enough to get your Santa pants in a bunch, I don't know what is.
I absolutely adore both of those movies. I can't help but feel that Love Actually wouldn't work anywhere else but in Britain. There is just something about the charm of England that makes it just that much better. I look at something like Valentine's Day which is coming out, and think that it is too stupid to work because it's set in the States. It's the quaintness of all the Brits and their way of life that really gives the movie a special quality.
And I have decided that I want Emma Thompson to play my mom in a movie one day. Not MY mom, just my character's mom. I think that would be amazing. She is the best.
It's A Wonderful Life, I would have to argue, is a perfect movie. There is comedy. There is drama. There is an abundance of romance. There is fantasy. It is just so unbelievably lovely, that it makes me smile and cry at the same time.
Anyway, on top of these two amazing movies, I discovered something last night that made me happier than I had been in a really long time. Now, you might not understand my excitement if you never watched it when you were younger, but I found full episodes of "Breaker High" on youtube last night. And the angels came down and bellowed their beautiful song. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself when I found them. There is only a handful on there, but by Gawd, I was flipping out. I haven't seen this show in a good 8 years. It was a magical, magical happenstance for me to stumble upon these. And so I watched them, and I began to long for the DVDs (which are currently unavailable, which blows massive chunks) but for now, I can be tided over with the online episodes.
Seriously. This show was amazing. It is probably the only "bad" one that I've ever enjoyed this much. High School on a boat!? COME ON!! Amazing!!
I'm pretty sure this won't be the last time "Breaker High" will be making an appearance on this blog, so take this as a warning. And then indulge in the awesomeness that is the opening theme song:

2 comments:
1) thanks for the shout-out re: my decade in review piece the other day.
2) I LOVE BREAKER HIGH
3) i echo the same sentiments in regards to 'it's a wonderful life' and 'love actually'. YES.
Breaker High! That is so amazing! I got all excited just reading about you watching it.
Post a Comment