I was very happy with myself.
In fact, a little too happy.
I guess due to my war-torn weekend, I decided to be gracious to myself and turn my "WORK" button to off despite the fact that I still had three days worth of classes to attend, and a couple of assignments to hand in. I don't wanna say what the result of the week was, but in retrospect it was definitely quite embarrassing.
Despite my belligerence towards my studies, I still had a 30% midterm to take this evening, and luckily, I was able to turn the tables on my lazy self, as I actually made it to the class and wrote the damn thing. Was it a good midterm?? Naw. But I made an attempt to offset it in the best way that I could: I got dressed up. I realize that it might be a girly little thing that I did, but in order to offset the awful that I was feeling prior to the midterm, I put on a nice shirt, my best pair of jeans, a blazer, and cowboy boots, and made sure that my confidence, as far as my physical appearance was concerned, was at a quality high. And even if I didn't do well on the test, I was complimented for the way I looked, and I walked out of there feeling pretty okay with myself.
I really can't let this week repeat itself though. I gotta stop shooting myself in the foot. I'm running out of feet for Pete's sake!!

No comments:
Post a Comment