Rather I wish I had been done.
That stupid bloody nap screwed me over, because as soon as I hit that pillow, I couldn't get back into the sleep groove. You know that groove. The one where if you don't wait that long you can move from one place to another and just feed off of the tiredness that you were just experiencing, fueling a nice transition from one place where you fell asleep to another. I was banking on that to happen. Obviously it didn't take.
Stupid nap. I blame the one glass of cherry brandy and peach drink that I had. It made me all hot and flush, which was odd because it normally takes a lot more alcohol for me to feel those effects. I imagine the combination of being trapped in a deathly hot sauna classroom right before then and the consistent glow of the computer screen is what did me in. The point is, as soon as I hit that couch to do some required reading, I was down for the count.
Since then though, I've just been lying in bed, mind racing as per the usual. It wasn't so much the usual though, it's that stupid short film that's been keeping me awake.
I've had this idea since at least last year...well actually, it's two ideas...and only recently I had two separate revelations on how to make each one just that much better and more convenient to shoot. Throw in the fact that the FR!NGE Festival this year is being run by one of my friends who wants to include a film portion this year as well, and my goodness I haven't been able to stop story boarding the thing in my head since yesterday afternoon.
I came up with the idea during a screening of Rear Window actually. No discussion needed really here. I just thought I would write that down so I remembered.
Sigh. I really want to sleep. Scratch that. I really need to sleep. I have class at 11:30. Yes, that's a pretty late time for a class, but I need to do some more reading for it. Oh man...if I sleep through another alarm I will never be able to forgive myself. I am off to an absolutely horrible start and need some sort of carrot at the end of the tunnel to get me through it all. I know exactly what would do it, but alas, that's still aways off.
At least its getting me through Brit Lit. Its a definite plus when you have people in that class who you don't want to think your an idiot (any more than they already do). Some I've known too long for that to matter now, but one of 'em...well, I will show her I ain't not a dummy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment