During both movies, I have been making attempts to write an article for the newspaper for this week. I, for some reason, have become so anxious about doing it that I haven't been able to get anything done. It is a very weird situation that I'm putting myself in, because normally when this happens, it is over a school assignment or something that I need to hand in to get a mark on. In other words, something that, in the end, is going to matter later in my life.
Here's the thing though. For the most part, the anxiety only comes in when I have left it until the last possible minute and am at a loss for words at what I need to write. In this case, I have already written two full articles, and just can't bring myself to send them in for editing because I think they are a piece of shit.
My anxiety in this case is coming from a lack of original thought/competent form in my writing. The words are all there, just...the way that I've arranged them makes me ever so pissed.
I really just want to close my eyes, and when I open them again, everything will fix itself, and I will have one good piece to hand in for this week.
Haha. Sorry, sidenote, James Cromwell just came into the scene and yelled "what in the blue FUCK was that!?"
Anyway, I now need to just bask in light of Darabont's films. I really actually want to watch The Majestic after this. I haven't seen that one in so long. Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free. Oh too often I forget these words. I really do believe that. It's just, I tend to forget it when it might really make a difference.
Okay. Let's see what I can make of these ramblings now. It won't be Shakespeare, but I know I can do better than the grade 7 essay that I've got going right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment