Thursday, September 17, 2009

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small."

First week of class = done. No classes on Friday. 

All in all, it was a fairly mediocre week. There was a definite lack of excitement within a lot of my classes to either a) see people whom I haven't seen all summer or b) begin talking to some new people. The result of actually having people I know in a lot of my classes though is probably the reason for b. But still, the short time that summer actually existed I guess made it feel like I hadn't gone a whole summer without seeing these people. High school used to make the first week back seem to be a much bigger deal I feel.

Even last year, I recall a lot more excitement towards everything. Once again though, 3rd year does require more focused classes and I now am familiar with a lot of the people are in my program. I am still glad to see/hang with them, I just miss that nice reunion feeling.

There's a good chance that I am going to have the most work that I've ever been put through this year. I didn't attend my Theory class today because I had a massive stomach ache (Cheese P'Zone from Pizza Hut at 11:30 at night?? Not a good idea.) but I've been told that it was some really messed up crap. The prof "through out" any person who hadn't read the readings and told them to go to the library and catch up that way. How intense is that!? Second class and she expects us to have read the 60 pages that she already assigned for the first week!! So even if I had gone today, I would have been dismissed as I haven't even stepped into the bookstore, let alone picked up the six books we are to have for that class.

Classical Film Theory... definitely not going to be my friend. 

Despite the horrendous class that I will have to attend every week (which also includes Contemporary American Lit now...3 hour class that is going to a very slow death) it seems I lost another pair of sunglasses last night. I went to go to class today and they are no where to be found. I concluded I must have left them at the table at Pizza Hut last night (fucking good for nothing restaurant). Alas, when I ventured there after I realized they were lost, the manager had had no trace of them. Balls.

This has to be, no joke, the 5th pair of sunglasses I have lost in 3 years. I am simply not destined to own a pair of sunglasses. I mean, I know they were only 12 dollars (I know better than to buy anything expensive that I lose so easily) but it always frustrates me to no end when I know that they are gone forever. 

I have a problem with getting over lost items. Yes, they were just a useless pair of drugstore shades, but for some reason, I attribute memories to sunglasses more than any other article of clothing I own. Don't ask me why, but those stupid accessories are the things that I can most commonly remember what pair I had and for what instance. I know what pair I had on when I forgot to take them off and I jumped in the ocean to get my hat that flew off. I know what pair I had from the time I was in Whistler to when I was in L.A. on the walk of fame. It is a dumb little thing that I do, but it always gets me when I know they are gone and even worse when I know where I left them. Quite frustrating. It does take a lot out of me.

Sigh. I'll just have to get another pair tomorrow at the mall. Start some new memories with these ones. Pain in the ass. 

Oh well. This year is going to be a testament for me. It is do or die year, so I have to be ready and willing to perform. No more wasted nights simply sitting around watching reruns of shows I have seen a thousand times. This year is going to be the difference maker in my life, and demonstrate that I can be a good student when I need to be.

And brother, this year I needs to be. 

No comments: