After that though, it was pretty smooth sailing. I'm going to LOVE my Hitchcock class. It's great and it's been a day. We got to watch Psycho which is always a treat.
My main thoughts about it though, are that I absolutely hate the final scene in the film. The one where the psychiatrist sums everything up for us. Totally useless. It's almost as if Hitch is saying that we're all too stupid to understand what we just witnessed, and wanted to just make sure we all did. I wish this scene was omitted from the final cut. It is totally unnecessary and really doesn't belong with the rest of the movie.
I think this might deserve a little more thorough research, because there was a very interesting article over at AV Club that talked about how psychiatrist characters ruin movies. The example that was used was Good Will Hunting. In that case though, I understand the purpose. In Psycho's case, a definite cop out.
A damp stain on a totally pristine sheet of entertainment.

No comments:
Post a Comment