I spent the entire night, attempting to finish an essay. Did it get finished?? You bet. It was one of, if not the, poorest excuse for a University paper that I have ever handed in. It was brutal. I just sat there, at 4am and looked at what I had written, and could do nothing but plow through the rest of it because I had absolutely no time to go back and redo any of this shit. The price you pay for starting something the night before.
Stupid me.
But anyway, I got it all handed in and I was so exhausted that I decided to just sleep until my night class (my only other class of the day). I had had a bout of "sickness" from my nights worse, but I deduced that it was simply sleep deprivation and a lack of healthy eating habits. So, I slept. And I slept. And I slept a little too long apparently. For some reason my alarm didn't go off, and I woke up at 10 to 7, an hour and a half in to my 5:30 class. Dammit. So I got my crap together and made it to the screening of the class, where we watched Lord of the Flies, a film I truly despise. Anyway, I sat through it, and then had to attend my seminar.
It went okay, despite me embarrassing myself a couple of times, but hey, that's expected. But since I had shown up late, I missed the opportunity that everyone else had to get their midterms back. So, at the end of it all, I went to my prof and he graciously handed it over. And too my utter shock, and pure delight, I got an 80. An 80. 24/30. An A-. Holy. Shit.
Why was I so shocked?? Well, this was a midterm that I hadn't read a single reading for, missed two of the six films we were being tested on, and felt as though I was screwed the second I looked down at the paper. And I pulled an 80. Unbelievable.
So my day began thinking I was absolutely useless and was lost in the oblivion of a terrible essay writing experience, and it concluded with an amazing mark on a test I figured I absolutely bombed. I just don't know how this happened.

4 comments:
Imagine how well you could do if you actually studied/did your work properly,
love mom
i also did fantastic on a recent midterm and my reaction to my prof when he handed it back to me was
"AW SICK!!"
was i embarassed? yes.
do i have about 20 mini choco bars left? yes.
well done wadey baby.
email me. now.
this blog needs a gimmick. I can't even remember how much time I've spent on Jon's because of the "Daily Puppy". I suggest you find one soon otherwise I'm going to stop coming here.
Daily Puppy is a success!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment