Sunday, November 8, 2009

"Here's to Charlie Horse. Here's to Shave the Master..."

What an excellent night I decided to have tonight (like my choice had something to do with it). 

Newspaper social was indeed lovely, and a long overdue exasperation of my pent up school rage. Even if I wound up the sole soberite at the table, it was still quite fun and I felt like I'd known most of these people despite having barely spoken to most of them before tonight. It was great.

Then, to Amy, Lisa and Tom's to watch T-Swift on SNL. Fantastic. She did a great job (save for a sketch or two) and it was quite funny. Oh how I enjoy GOOD sketch comedy. It's the bees knees. Anyway, the show was great, and then we got to indulge in some pretty hilarious commentary regarding "Destroyed in Seconds". It wasn't nearly as good as it was when we were making our own comments about it. Combine that with some failblog watching, a lion, buffalo and crocodile fight, and Amy nearly peeing herself over a dumbass dancer ricocheting her head off of a TV during an attempt at "Single Ladies" (i.e. the video below), it was a very hilarious, and great night.

Haven't had one of those in a while, so it was a much needed break from routine. My batteries have been recharged. 

No comments: