Today was a rather lovely day, even though nothing happened. It felt (and this may sound odd) as if it was Christmas. Or rather, as though it was a day over Christmas break. I was home for the weekend and spent the day doing absolutely zilch, just hanging around with my family. It felt really great actually. Not to say that I missed it or anything, but I just felt that it was a nice change of pace from my every day routine at university. I sat and was able to just hang out with my mom, dad and brother and do absolutely nothing in the process. It felt like when I used to be on Christmas vacation.
It was a bad day to begin with for my parents, as they had a funeral to attend this morning. My mom's cousin's boyfriend, Tony (whom was previously mentioned in my post Glass Shards: Part 1) passed away after having several things wrong with him over his lifetime. So they weren't in the greatest of moods considering that's how they had to start their day.
Once they came home though, and we were all just, "around" the house, Live Free or Die Hard was starting. And you better believe we rallied around that TV set and watched Bruce Willis tear shit up. It was great. We just sat there, discussed random things and what not. Twas very quaint.
Eventually, after a short trip with my mom to the mall to get food, the movie finished with all of us there. Then, my brother had to leave for a party or something and the Leaf game started and whatnot. That was pretty much my day with the family.
You will probably agree that it was tres uneventful, but it was something to enjoy other than school work for once.

1 comment:
I think that sounds lovely! Uneventful, but full of family togetherness is always lovely.
Post a Comment