Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Don't waste your heart on a Wild Thing."

Well, as per my suspicions, the mark has arrived for my presentation from this evening, and it's less than thrilling. Exactly what I expected. A 70. 

I know, a 70 is a totally acceptable mark, and had this been a written essay or article review or something of that sort, I would agree in a heartbeat. But this was a presentation. This is where I'm supposed to make up for the 70's that I get on those other essays and papers. I thrive in the presentation environment. That is where I'm supposed to get those 80's and 90's to help offset my grades. 

But, once again, tonight went differently. I attempted to play off the audience, which was a mistake with this group of people. A future note will be to just forego the informalities and only bring it out in a more comfortable environment. I thought that was the case tonight, and that my joking and everything would help me out. Mistake. 

Man...I just feel as though I am complaining too much lately. I realize that, but I think it is half  warranted because a bunch of crap has landed on my plate over the last little bit. I think that it isn't fully the fault of my work though, just because there is little else for me to talk about. I find that complaining about my day helps me to at least push it aside for a little while, until I am able to move on...most commonly with something new that evokes more complaining, but something different nonetheless. 

I really want to go to the movies. Like, badly. I haven't been in over a month. And even then, it wasn't a new release. It was the Toy Story double feature. I have missed so much new stuff. And the worst part is that I probably won't be able to go until some time after school is done for the exam break. In other words, at least two and a half weeks. Dammit.

I think I'll begin making a plan that will help me make out of this month alive (basically stealing write out of Anne's own blog screen). So much work and reading and socializing, and so very little time.

Time, once again, to kick some ass and take some names!! Like a sequel to earlier in the semester. Only more special effects and less dialogue from Megan Fox!!

2 comments:

Vlad Rebellon said...

You'll get through it, just like the kids from Twilight did when they landed in detention hall! Oh man the principal's face was priceless! And Edward talked his way out of doing his essay, what a cool guy!

Anne T. Donahue said...

If the "Anne" you were referring to was me, I appreciate it!

Yes, the ultimate list/plan of attack. You'll be surprised at how much progress you make as you physically cross the "to-do"s off the page.

Just keep on keeping on!